Follow my blog to get healthy, delicious recipes and fun fitness tips!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Last hours of 2010

Here we are again at New Year's Eve! I can't believe how the year has flown by...it seems just yesterday that it was New Year's Eve 2009.
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas (sorry I was MIA over the holiday...super busy!). I got one gift that stood out to me--I CAN JUMP AGAIN! I've gotten many of my jumps back faster than I had expected.
I also got the okay to run, kickbox, strength train...anything as long as it doesn't start hurting my knee or ankle! Best Christmas gift out of the bunch, by far ;)

~Eats~

Just some random eats from the past few weeks...

A quinoa scramble with an apple cooked in, carrots cooked in and topped with cinnamon and peanut butter


Organic Irish Oats, squirt of honey, 4 figs, a few almonds and raisins

Old fashioned oats cooked in 2% milk, with wheat germ cooked in, flaxseed, frozen blueberries, and 1/2 banana

Raw old fashioned oats, skim milk poured over, a few sunflower seeds, 1/2 banana, 2 chopped dried figs


Oats, a banana, raisins and almonds

2 egg omelet, topped with melted provolone cheese and grape tomatoes, with a side of salmon and green beans

Raw old fashioned oats, skim milk poured over, sunflower seeds, berries, 1/2 sliced banana a few raisins

Christmas morning oats: Old fashioned oats, 1/4 fresh pomegranate seeds, sprinkling of coconut, a few chesnuts--note: chuesnuts...eww...not very appetizing....:p

A plain sweet potato, a nature's own whole wheat sandwich thin with a morningstar spicy black bean veggie burger with swiss cheese and all natural salsa

~Fitness Is Fun!~

Since I am now back to working out, I have been enjoying TONS of skating, light runs (not 100% yet, but better than nothing!!), lots of strength training, oodles of ab work (which I did all through my injury) along with arms and back. I've also been doing power skating again--which I forgot was such an amazing workout!
Favorite move right now, though: Old-school push ups! And planks. Both of these bad boys can give you rock hard abs, a toned back, and all-over strengthening. These moves mutually tone just about every part of your body that is possible to work--which you will most definitely feel the next day ;)

Favorites of 2010: Just a quick list of some of my favorites of 2010...

Tazo "Refresh" Hot Tea Bags 




This tea is one of the best teas I've ever tasted. The flavor is so fresh and clean--such a winter-y crispness. This one will probably stay on my favs list when 2011 rolls around in a couple of hours!

Amy's Organic Teriyaki Bowls
 This frozen tofu bowl from Amy's organic foods is SO good for a quick dinner. Pop it in the microwave for 5 minutes, and voila! I like to pair mine with an extra veggie and a seasonal fruit.

Fresh pomegranates are DEFINITELY on my favorites list. They are SO insanely messy--but worth every stain ;) I love them as an oatmeal topping (of course) and as a greek yogurt topper. 

Well...I hope this leaves everyone well. Wishing everybody a very happy New Year. I promise I will try to blog more (I hope...). 
  
I heard this quote the other day and it really opened my eyes a little bit: "There's a crack in everything...that's how the sun gets through!" I love that! Try to remember this when you get a little down...the sun always comes through somehow :)

Stay healthy and happy 
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment