Follow my blog to get healthy, delicious recipes and fun fitness tips!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lights, camera, SHOW TIME! :)

Happy Tuesday, fellow foodies! :) Hope this is finding you well. I don't know about you, but I have been FREEZING all day long! I CANNOT seem to get warm ANYWHERE I go!! It's like the cold is following me--cold outside, in my house, in the ice rink....AHH!! Ah, well...it just gets us "in the mood" I suppose....


~Weekly Eats~
So...not that I don't usually crave it, but since this dramatic weather change I cannot seem to get enough oatmeal! I don't think ANYTHING beats a steamy bowl of oats and a mug of green tea when it's cold outside...mmmmhhhhmmmm :)

On this particular frigid morning (these are seeming to become routine---ahhh!!) I enjoyed a mouth watering bowl of heaven including old-fashioned oats, smidge of honey, blueberries, and almond butter.


Another morning last week/weekend I had another delicious bowl of goodness with old-fashioned oats, blueberries, a banana, cinnamon, ezekiel 4:9 almond cereal and almond butter :)
A salad beast for lunch: organic romaine, organic carrots, 1/2 fresh pear, sunflower seeds, with tuna and 1/2 a whole wheat sandwich thin.

Yet ANOTHER bowl of yumz--this one contained old-fashioned oats, some honey, all natural pb, cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract--this is a definite MUST try...just this small amount adds SO much flavor! Super yummy :)
Perfection for a snowed-in morning :)


O yes--how could I forget this baby? Quinoa, super spicy all natural salsa, all natural pepperjack cheese, brocolli, corn, a morningstar organic veggie patty (Griller's Original kind) topped with a sprinkling of onion and garlic powders. YUM!! :)
Yesterday morning--old fashioned oats, cinnamon, natural pb, dried mission figs, unsweetened coconut flakes. Ooooh-lala!






~Fitness Is Fun!~ 
All I am going to say is TRY RUNNING IN THE SNOW. Yeah. Totally amazing--not to mention totally amazing workout! 



This Saturday is the Christmas Show at the rink! I'm so excited :) I will be able to do 3 out of 7 programs that I was planning on doing, so not great, but not terrible either...I've been skating every day and LOVING every second. My knee hasn't really been bothering me much...other than the fact that I fell in a ditch last Wednesday...I know, I know....but besides it SCARING THE HECK out of me, everything turned out to be pretty much alright. Sore knee and hip, but no serious damage, thank goodness. Very busy rest of the week for me--practice 2 hrs EVERY NIGHT. Phew! So worth it though :) So glad I get to do the show. It means so much to me and is the highlight of me and my sister's holiday season. We have been in every one of the shows since the VERY FIRST ONE! Do you and your family do anything special near Christmas time? Any long-time holiday/family traditions? Well...signing off until after Saturday night. Wish me luck! I will let you know how everything goes :)
Stay healthy and happy.
:D
p.s. I read a very meaningful quote the other day..."When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life a thousand reasons to smile". I though that was pretty neat and it brightened my day a little thinking of not everything that has gone wrong, but everything that has gone right and that I am STILL able to do. Hope this helps brighten your day a bit :)
What are some of your favorite/meaningful quotes? Any favorite sayings/rhymes?

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm a new reader and as a fan of figure-skating and also good eats :), I'm really enjoying your blog!
    I can't think of the answers to your questions at the moment, but personally, I always think of effects of karma in my daily lives.
    Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete