Follow my blog to get healthy, delicious recipes and fun fitness tips!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's beginning to look (and feel--brrrr!!) alot like CHRISTMAS! :)

Hello All. Sorry I haven't been very diligent about posting...with the holidays coming up it's been hectic...*Christmas On Ice!!!* First show practice that I will be able to participate in since I hurt myself tomorrow night...SO EXCITED!! Now....on to what I have been so awfully neglecting....:/


~Weekly Eats~
So....where to begin...I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and break...and for those of you who had to literally DRAG yourselves back to school/college--Christmas break is right around the corner ;) A couple of days ago I enjoyed a delicious yogurt mess consisting of plain fat-free yogurt, organic nature's path whole wheat cereal flakes, a banana, copious amounts of peanut butter (!!!) with cinnamon....need I say more? TOTAL heaven on earth. :) This combo makes for one happy belly and one filling breakie.
                                  0% yogurt, organic whole wheat cereal flakes, banana, peanut butter,  cinnamon


A yumm-o taco salad with a whole wheat toritilla "shell", brown rice, lettuce, corn, broccoli, pepper jack cheese, and salsa--this cured the slight hint of a sore throat I was feeling.


                                    whole wheat tortilla, brown rice, broccoli, corn, lettuce, pjack cheese, salsa

On one morning a enjoyed a delightful breakfast Old-fashioned Oats, pomegranate (oh so festive!!), mango chunks, and almond butter <3

                                     Oats, pomegranate, mango, almond butter

I made some AHHmazzzzing pumpkin pancakes this week. Totally TO DIE FOR. In the mix: 1/2 c Irish oats, pumpkin puree, cinnamon-LOADS cooked in, dash of nutmeg and cloves with 2 eggs beaten in a large bowl. Topped with almond butter. YUMMMMMM!!! :)

                                       Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes with cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and topped with almond butter

A yogurt mess with raspberries, sunflower seeds and whole wheat organic cereal flakes--major yum factor!

                                   Plain 0% yogurt, frozen raspberries, sunflower seeds, whole wheat organic cereal flakes


New sammie combo= YUMMZZ!! :) Ezekiel, roasted garlic hummus, lettuce, pepperjack cheese, and grape tomatoes. This tasted SO fresh!

                                    Ezekiel, hummus, lettuce, pepperjack, tomatoes

 Yet another bowl of amazingly delicious oats--Old-fashioned Oats, frozen blueberries, banana, ezekiel almond cereal, almond butter.

                             Old-fashioned oats, banana, blueberries, ezekiel almond cereal, almond butter


~Fitness Is Fun!~
Scissor abs. Never heard of them? They will be an all-time favorite after you see (and feel!!) the results after about a week ;)
Since Christmas is coming...find a big hill and grab your skis/snowboards and go to town. This is great exercise during the holiday break that you can do WHILE you fellowship with friends/family. Enjoy the snow (that is when it gets here!) :)

Back to skating!!!!!! I am SO excited--I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am. I'm not able to jump for another week yet, but that time will go quickly now that I'm back on the ice. I am so excited about being able to be in the Christmas Show. I won't be able to be in all of the 6 programs that I was originally supposed to be in....but I still get to do 2....at least I get to do that much, though. :) Well...I hope everyone is having a happy Wednesday and I will try to post more. Until then!

Stay Healthy and happy
:D

I just began reading a really great book--"The Long Run". It's the story of Matt Long-a marathon runner who was involved in a serious and life-threatening accident...potentially ending his running ability...and walking ability. However, the book explains the amazing recovery he made and how he defied doctors alike. Fitting, huh? What are some odd-books-out (not well-known) books that you have enjoyed/are enjoying? DO SHARE!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You sound so happy! I'm so glaad you're BACK to skating. Love the eats. I've never had pb in a yogurt mess.... sounds weird to me but i love everything you make so I may have to try it. Anyways... sammie with the cheese looks awesome. Lets get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I miss you so much J!! Yeah--I thought the same thing about pb in yogurt--I was sooooo wrong, though!! It's absolutely AMAZINGG!! Never tasted anything like it :) YESS we need to do something NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete