Follow my blog to get healthy, delicious recipes and fun fitness tips!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly...foodie style :)

Hey there chicas!! Hope this post is finding everyone well...had my first Physical Therapy appointment yesterday and going back for my second tomorrow afternoon...my therapist is great. Super nice and really knows her stuff. Anyway...sorry I've been MIA lately...super busy and crazy life right about now...but not to prolong the process...

~Random Eats~
Alrighty roo...so...I'm just gonna post some random eats from the past week...here goes...

whole wheat bagel, hummus, turkey, arugala, provolone cheese.

Okay people...these things are amazingly ridiculous. No sugar added applesauce and ground cinnamon. THAT'S IT!! No preservatives, sugar, sugar substitutes, additives, artificial flavoring, just NATURAL INGREDIENTS. YA BABY!! :)

Yes, my dears. You see correctly. Fresh. Figs. YESS!!!! So good. This was my very first fresh one ever and I can gladly say I am officially addicted. I think some major fig recipes (fig oats!!!) are in my future...be on the lookout ;)

Eggplant Boats. Amazing. A fresh eggplant, stems cut off and sliced in half lengthwise. Scoop out inside and seeds and drizzle with olive oil and spices. Bake until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.  Pour tomato sauce into the "boat" inside scoops of both sides of the egglpant. Slice up some ham and toss into the sauce. Mix together lightly. Place back in the oven and bake for about 3-6 more minutes (time varies according to oven). And Voila! Eggplant deliciousness :)

This mornings breakie:


O.My.Holy.Delicious. This was so good. MUST TRY NOW! Fat-free plain stoneyfield organic yogurt with oats, 1/2 a fresh peach (mmmmmm) a fresh fig (more mmmmmm) frozen raspberries, and almonds. Perfest way to start off the day. TOTALLY loving yogurt oatmeal messes lately!! ;)


 ~Fitness Is Fun!~

Well....since the weather is quickly turning to winter (where did fall run off to?!) we should all get in the holiday spirit by engaging in cold-weather sports and activities. No snow on the ground yet, but when there is, shoveling snow is a suprising way to get that most-wanted flat belly. Great shoulder toner as a bonus, too!! I ADORE running in the snow. It's a bit difficult but a great leg workout. And seeing the fresh winter scenery is always uplifting! ICE SKATING!!!!!!! This is my favorite (all year round) pastime, obviously :) And I hope all of you will slip on some skated and take to the ice this holiday season...I guarantee you will LOVE it!!

I got some strengthening exercises from my therapist (I am sure I will be SO out of shape when I get back on the ice!!!:/  ) And they are helping SO much already, though I have only done them a couple of times. My knee is feeling so much stronger and my sprained ankle is looking less swollen all the time :) I was glad this past week when I could wear pants that weren't sweats!! YAY!! Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE me my sweat pants, but I was pretty happy when my knee had decreased swelling enough for me to wear my new jeggings!! <3 Getting oh so anxious about skating again...but I just have to keep my chin up and think it's less time every minute. :) Oh ya....I almost forgot..silly me!! If my knee is 100% better by then, I will be running a half-marathon (13.1 miles baby!!!!) at the end of March!! I am SO excited!! My bestie will be training me for this--she is the absoluely amazing one who just ran 50 miles on saturday!!! She is so inspiring to me. I hope to be able to run like her one day!! So, glad that I have another thing to look forward to once I'm back, I'm signing off for the day. Hope everyone has a wonderful, wacky, Wednesday. Stay healthy and happy.

:D

4 comments:

  1. You're foods are officially the best. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank ya! :) Love you too girl. Hey, when are you free this weekend/week? You are overdue for a visit with me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl, thanks for the comment on my blog! I love your blog! I will be reading for sure! :) Your eats are amazing, everything look so yumz!! And when i saw the fresh FIG i died ;) my fave on oatmeal!!!! :) hehe..i miss them!

    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks girl! O my gosh. Fresh figs are now my addiction!! So good!! I will be posting again tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete